Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Panic at the Cisco.


So, the summer might as well have stayed indoors this year.  I haven't really seen him in full, just the odd facsimile of an old friend I shared times with as a kid.  A bit like Mike Yarwood's version of famous people (of the time at least)...almost there, but you forgave any hitches as he seemed like quite a nice fella.  And so with these initial hints that the summer might turn up after all: sending the assistants out rather than the master behind the curtain, not quite what we have been promised.  As with politicians proclaiming we are in their best interests it appears that nature has taken a similar route – a handful of ok'ish days this year rather than full on, unbridled hazy days.  Sporadic weather bursts (the aforementioned hint of a fine summer to come, followed by 5 inch diameter hale stones crunching you in the eye bones) have ever so slightly dented my well being.  I'm convinced it's playing havoc with the environment around us, some melancholic electromagnetic mist sheaving our 'good' synapses in miniature 'bad' sleeping bags.

Even kids who should be out partying their faces off are otherwise engaged in junior introspection or constant waves of yawn fever.  

You see it's these negative ions floating around the world at the moment...or at least in the uk (I can't comment on places such as Serbia, Argentina or South Western Australia).  I have a few friends and close family who also can't seem to step it up a gear this year.  

Perhaps it's a governmental top secret service colluding with the networking giants (Cisco as an example) to pump subduing agents into the Wi-Fi network hence to nullify and quieten down the nation.

Yup, I'm running with that.  I'm starting a task force later this week, sometime...perhaps next week, I'm running an apathetic fever at the moment.  Join me when you're up and fit and full of adzuki beans once again.

No comments: